Home Page Play games in the arcade * Home Page Home Page Home Page
  Register
Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics

Delete all board cookies

Contact Us | All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to bpaforum

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Home Page Home Page  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Close Season News From Others
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 6:18 pm 

Totally forgot about Matt Dempsey, who played briefly for us under Deacey as a centre back

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 7:11 pm 

Unconfirmed but Drench possibly off to Alfreton.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 7:47 pm 

Harrogate Town doing season tickets online only.
Hmm slippery slope big brother is watching you

Sent from my 4009X using Tapatalk

Why not visit my unofficial twitter feed http://twitter.com/bfdpkave?

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 9:19 pm 

Joe Cracknell released by City.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 1:42 am 

Homer wrote:

Sounds like a good idea. As long as the other option is still open. Im no fan of Big Brother.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 6:12 am 

rusty68 wrote:
Homer wrote:

Sounds like a good idea. As long as the other option is still open. Im no fan of Big Brother.

Er they're online ONLY. There's NO alternative.
FYI it's advertised as equivalent to £9 a game but on top of that there's a booking fee!

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 11:53 pm 

Cynical

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 5:41 am 

rusty68 wrote:
Cynical

??
Meaning

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:12 am 

Highscores: 8
Alfreton Town have signed Chris Sharp on a one year deal

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:05 pm 

Tim P wrote:
Alfreton Town have signed Chris Sharp on a one year deal

Thought he might drop down a level but fair play. Definitely could never fault his work rate

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:04 pm 

Spennymoor Town (new nickname Spendymoor) have signed a couple up this weekend. Including Ryan Hall who made an impact at Curzon last season after signing from Brighouse. 22 y-o and Huddersfield based, he decided to make the journey up north despite interest from higher levels and others in our division by all accounts. Looking a bit ominous for Curzon currently having now lost 3 of their best players.
The other signing is 30 y-o striker David Foley. South Shields offered him an improved 2 year contract but couldn't match Spendy's 5 figure signing-on fee.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:35 pm 

ILKESTON have been wound up for the second time in seven years in the high court after a season of problems both on and off the pitch.

Ilkeston FC, formed in 2010 to replace the liquidated Ilkeston Town, weren’t allowed to begin last season after having their Evo-Stik NPL license withdrawn due to unpaid creditors.

The Robins eventually sorted out that problem and were allowed to play but they endured a difficult campaign on the pitch, finishing second bottom of the NPL Premier.

They also failed to raise a team for the trip to Workington in April but the Derbyshire outfit did complete their fixtures.

However, they won’t be playing next season after the club was wound up in court on Monday morning following a petition brought by Hire Intelligence Ltd over a debt of £14,438, as reported by the Ilkeston Advertiser’s Mark Duffy.

Players and staff hadn’t been paid since December but the club had hoped that a takeover by All Eight Sports Management, which they announced was close on Monday morning before the court hearing, would solve their problems.

Prior to the court’s decision, an All Eight Sports Management statement read: “Our objective to build a sustainable future for Ilkeston FC and we are looking forward to working with the loyal supporters and volunteers to ensure that their views are heard and taken onboard.

“The minute the deal is confirmed officially we will immediately be in contact with creditors, players and fan groups to discuss our proposals.”

District Judge Smedley, despite the takeover claims, decided it was too little, too late and wound the club up. Chairman Nigel Harrop says he plans to appeal the decision.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:32 pm 

RonaldoMcdonaldo wrote:
Chairman Nigel Harrop says he plans to appeal the decision.

Correct English is "appeal AGAINST the decision".

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:03 pm 

RonaldoMcdonaldo wrote:
ILKESTON have been wound up
Goole - reprieved.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:56 pm 

Highscores: 8
Emile Sinclair and Aiden Savory have signed for Scarborough Athletic. That makes it five former Avenue players who Steve Kittrick has signed in the close season. Ross Daly joined last week following the earlier signings of Luke Dean and Matt Dempsey.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:09 am 

Some preamble- it’s quite disgraceful how these latter-day spivs are given carte blanche to wipe such history from the books.

‘Northwich Victoria was founded in 1874, and named in honour of the then-reigning monarch, Queen Victoria. The club was a founder member of several leagues including the Football League Second Division, in which they competed for only two seasons from 1892 to 1894. They played at the same Drill Field ground for over 125 years. At the time Drill Field was believed to be the oldest ground in the world on which football had been continuously played.’

NORTHWICH VICTORIA say they must raise £5,000 in the next two days to settle historic debts and satisfy the Football Association – or face closure.
The Vics, historically a huge Non-League name, have fallen on hard times in the recent past and their former owner Jim Rushe was imprisoned last year.
Northwich are in administration for the third time in under a decade – with their Supporters’ Association hopeful of taking the club over – and were relegated from the Evo-Stik NPL Division One South at the end of last season.
However, if they are to carry on and begin next term at Step 5, they will need to raise £5,000 in the next 48 hours.
The Cheshire outfit claim supporters have raised £66,000 over the past year to help pay off debts left by the previous regime.
A further £15,000 was needed to pay off the rest of the shortfall and take the club out of administration – with two-thirds of that figure secured.
The Vics have now asked for more help to secure their 143-year history with time running out.
A Northwich statement read: “Over the past 12 months our amazing fans have contributed a staggering £66,000 to repay debt off from previous management and to also run the club efficiently and properly as a community club.
“As part of the agreement to take the club out of administration it became apparent that the final £15,000 was required by the FA to settle all debts off from previous ownership to stop the club from folding and after another generous amount of donations the supporters have raised a further £11,000 leaving us just £5,000 short of our target.
“Our appeal to anyone footballing loving friend or colleague however big or small the donation is that we simply have 48 hours to meet this financial deadline with the FA or all our efforts will be in vain.”

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:08 am 

Champions Shaw Lane AFC appear to have found a more than capable replacement for the departed Gavin Allott.

Harrogate Town legend Chib Chilaka will line up for the Ducks in their inaugural campaign in the Evo Stik Premier Division.

Chilaka has played National League North football for the majority of his Non League career so he is an excellent addition.

As well as Harrogate, Chilaka has also worn the colours of Bradford (Park Avenue).

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:18 am 

DAMIAN JOINS SHAW LANE AFC

According to NL Pitchero, "New Shaw Lane AFC striker Damian Reeves says the momentum the club has and the way they spoke to him made it an easy decision to join.

The forward has joined after successful spells at Farsley Celtic and most recently Altrincham. He will [?play against?] Phil Parkinson’s side this season in [the] Evo-Stik Northern Premier League Premier Division.

After the signing was announced Reeves admits he can’t wait to get going.

'I am very pleased to be joining as they are a club on the up who are geared towards success. The main factor is the one goal the club has is promotion and that’s a big positive for me. They are used to winning and that in itself gives momentum. It started as a small club with a big ambition and, if I can help that on its way and be a part of it' then that’s great. I like the way Shaw Lane put themselves across and had a clear vision of where they want to go. The decision to drop down a level was to help them go up a level and that’s something I felt I could help them with.

'My personal aims are, as always, to score as many goals as I can. I want to help the team achieve its own aim of getting promoted'.

Reeves admitted that there was plenty of interest in him. Those clubs have been from a number of leagues. 'I was in the fortunate position of having a few offered [offers] from different clubs. The vast majority in the Vanarama National North as well as one club in the Vanarama National League. I had a bit of a luxury to be able to listen to them all and make my decision from there.'

Reeves had been at Altrincham and his goal scoring exploits led to him being looked at by Football League sides. He admitted that it was time for a change but he loved his time there. 'If I’m being brutally honest, as I always am, it was the right time for me to leave. I actually decided at Christmas that it would be my last season. Sometimes, among all the affection and good memories you have for a certain club, you have to sit back and think it’s time to try something different and this was that time.

'There’s been far too many good moments to try and name but, in terms of the club itself, I would say the promotion and the play-off final. The dramatic way it happened is a story in itself. If I have to pick a personal one I would put the goal against Barnsley to win the FA Cup tie [is] right up there, as that was a great personal moment but also a great one for the club as well'".

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:16 am 

chib could,nt score for harrogate and reeves was the same at alty

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:54 am 

Once a forward reaches a certain age, he suddenly loses his sharpness in front of goal. Ian Rush didn't score a single goal for Wrexham and Gary Lineker only managed 9 in two seasons for Grampus 8. And even Wayne Rooney has retreated into midfield having lost the killer instrinct up front.

Damien is now 31 and Chib is 30, so both should still have two or three years left as strikers.

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4
 >> Next 

Contact Us | All times are UTC